Solstice PF is highly effective for precision cleaning of mechanical and electronic parts. It is nonflammable (ASTM E-681 and EU A11), has favorable toxicity properties, and a low global warming potential of 1. It can be used for metal, plastic, and electronics parts cleaning in vapor degreasing equipment, circuit flushing, and in aerosols.
Additional benefits include:
- Excellent and fast cleaning
- Non-volatile residue (NVR): < 10 ppm
- Good solvency towards cutting oils
- Low surface tension provides good wetting of parts
- Good stability and materials compatibility
- Replacement for HCFC, HFC, TCE, nPB, HFE, and others
Based on hydrofluoro-olefin (HFO) technology, Solstice PF is a solvent with the strength to clean effectively, while being safe to use. Its ability to balance effective solvency for a wide variety of solutes with your safety and environmental requirements makes it the right choice. It is suitable for metal, medical, and electronics cleaning in vapor degreasing equipment and aerosol applications, as well as line flushing.
Solstice PF has a low boiling point but a high heat of vaporization, which means that it remains a liquid for an extended period of time – even at room temperature. It also exhibits low surface tension and a high degree of solvency, making it suitable for cleaning tight spaces.
Solstice PF offers excellent cleaning power, exhibiting effective solvency in most applications
- Cleaning performance equivalent to or better than HCFC-225 and HCFC-141b
Superior wetting for cleaning tight spaces
- Compatible with many commonly-used polymers and elastomers, such as PET, PTFE, polycarbonate, DuPont™ Viton® and DuPont™ Neoprene
- Compatible with common metals, including aluminum, copper, titanium, and magnesium/aluminum alloys
- Recovered or recycled by simple flash distillation or through carbon absorption with steam desorption
- No stabilizers needed
- High heat of vaporization (remains a liquid for an extended period of time, even at room temperature)
The vapor pressure of Solstice PF facilitates rapid drying of cleaned parts, and it has excellent wetting properties on soiled parts. This allows it to swiftly clean pieces and parts with small, intricate channels.
Solstice PF is a very effective cleaning solution for a wide variety of soils, including:
- Hydrocarbon oils, lubricants, and greases
- Silicone oils and greases
- Cutting, machining, and mineral oils
- Hydraulic fluids
- Fluorinated oils and greases
- Liquid RMA solder fluxes
Favorable health, safety, and environmental attributes:
- Nonflammable (ASTM E-681 and EU A11)
- Ultra-low GWP of 1
- Listed under the Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) per U.S. EPA
- VOC-exempt (per U.S. EPA and California’s South Coast Air Quality Management District)
- Low order of toxicity: OEL-800 ppm (WEEL)
- Very low MIR and POCP values