Solstice® PF-C is a highly effective cleaner and carrier fluid with favorable safety and environmental properties. Applications range from aerosolized coatings and adhesives, to household and industrial cleaning formulations. Examples include:
- Flux from printed circuit boards Metal parts (i.e. automotive parts, aerospace components)Household cleaning i.e. spot removal
Some benefits include:
- Excellent and fast cleaning
- Non-volatile residue (NVR): < 100 ppm
- Good solvency towards cutting oils
- Low surface tension provides good wetting of parts
- Excellent compatibility with many materials
- Replacement for methylene chloride (MeCl2), TCE, nPB, hydrocarbons, and Honeywell Genesolv® ST-Z
Based on hydrofluoro-olefin (HFO) technology, Solstice PF-C is highly effective in cleaning applications:
- To increase cleaning efficacy and/or provide flame suppression for aerosol solvent-based formulations
- As a solvent for flushing used in conjunction with our Ekoflush® machine to remove old lubricants, solids, and acids from A/C and refrigeration circuits, during a refrigerant change out or after a compressor failure
It is also used as a carrier fluid for coatings and adhesives formulations, to dissolve other key ingredients, lower flammability, and increase surface wetting. In home care formulations, it is used in textile spot removers, such as nylon carpet, and other household products.
Solstice PF-C is an effective cleaning ingredient that provides formulators the ability to:
- Manage solubility of other key ingredients
- Assist in flame suppression, and
- Enhance cleaning power by removing industrial oils from a surface.
Solstice PF-C is a very effective cleaning solvent for oils and lubricants used in circuits, but can remove a variety of other contaminants.
Additional benefits include:
- Vapor pressure facilitates quick evaporation and drying of cleaned circuits
- Excellent surface wetting, even in the smallest of spaces
- High solvency power dissolves a range of oils (industrial, electronics, medical parts, household)
- Broad use options for you and your customers
Effectively cleans a wide variety of common soils, including:
- Mineral oils
- Silicone oils and greases
- Heavy greases
- Cutting oils
- Vacuum oils
- Fluorinated oils
- Refrigerant oils
Effective solvent cleaning is dependent on the oils being removed from the substrate. Nonflammable blends can be formulated by adding Solstice PF-C to other cleaning agents.
The combination of its high solvency and desirable safety and environmental attributes make Solstice PF-C an effective carrier fluid /solvent. Carrier fluids/solvents are used to dissolve functional adhesive ingredients so they can be applied (e.g. spray, brush, roll) onto the contact surface of two substrates to adhere them together.
It can be used as a carrier fluid in adhesives, coatings and inks, and aerosol ingredients serving a wide variety of markets such as:
- Furniture and construction (e.g. contact adhesive)
- Decorative laminates
- Spray paints
- Forensics (fingerprint detection)
- Pepper spray
- Mold release
- Medical devices
- And emerging applications
For example, in clear coat formulations for automotive refinishing, Solstice PF-C used at levels up to 20% in the formulation increased the solids content by 4% without affecting the coating flow, leveling or curing properties. Comparing a formulation with PF-C to a commercial formula, basic paint properties were not compromised.
Solstice PF-C is an excellent ultra-low GWP, nonflammable option for flushing circuits. These include:
- Evaporators, condensers, and piping in air conditioning (A/C) units
- Mobile A/C (e.g. cars, buses, trains, aircraft, helicopters, trucks)
- Residential and commercial A/C and refrigeration
Solstice PF-C is the only product approved and designed for use with our Ekoflush machine flushing operations used for the most accurate cleaning of air conditioning (A/C) or refrigeration units. Combining the superior performance of Solstice PF-C solvent, and our optimized Ekoflush flushing machines, technicians can provide a higher quality, cost-effective, safer, and environmentally compliant flushing solution for air conditioning and refrigeration circuits.
Favorable health, safety, and environmental attributes:
- Nonflammable (ASTM E-681 and EU A11)
- Ultra-low GWP of 1
- Listed under the Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) per U.S. EPA
- VOC-exempt (per U.S. EPA and California’s South Coast Air Quality Management District)
- Low order of toxicity: OEL-800 ppm (WEEL)
- Very low MIR and POCP values